Saturday, July 23, 2011

San Francisco and Time At The Beach




Laura got a chance to go to San Francisco for the first time when she went to visit her stepmom who was working there temporarily for the last few months. She and our niece Taylor and her Aunt Suzanne flew out there and had a great time. They also got to meet up with Laura's cousin Rachel who recently moved to San Fran. I was extremely jealous as the temperatures there were in the 70's while we've been battling 100 degree temps here back home. I'm glad she had a great time and got to see some interesting places while there.

We also got to go to Florida briefly recently as part of a business conference with my work. Laura, Payne, Abby and I all made the 10-hour trek each way to Panama City Beach. Unfortunately, it rained the first two days we were there so it made it tough being stuck in the room with two active children. Plus, the first night, our room was EXTREMELY small making it a tight fit but luckily we were able to upgrade to a much bigger room the rest of the trip.






We finally made it to the beach on the third day but it wasn't exactly as we had hoped. My conference was at a hotel but it was on the bay and had no direct beach access. We had to catch a boat ferry for a 20 minute ride to get to the beach. It was very deserted with no restrooms and no concession stands, etc. The kids didn't notice though and had a great time splashing in the gulf. Not the ideal beach trip but I'm glad we were able to go and spend some family time together. I love any time that I can spend with my wonderful wife and kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment