Thursday, July 14, 2011

Easy As Riding A Bike



I must admit that I'm a bit arrogant when it comes to my prowess of teaching a child how to ride a bike. The first day that we decided to take the training wheels off of Payne's bike, I had him off and riding within 10 minutes(Okay, he did all the work but I took the glory). I thought it was the easiest thing in the world.

But I have been humbled by a five-year-old girl. The beautiful thing about my children is that they are so much alike but they are also so different. Abigail requires a total different tactic than Payne and I am slowly learning that. She has been brave as we have taken the training wheels off and started working with her on mastering her biking skills. However, I thought I would have her off and running in the same amount of time as the Paynester. Not so fast.

Abby constantly turns to make sure I am not letting go and has mastered the art of applying the brakes quickly and often. I will have to slowly build up her confidence but I know she can do it. We'll try to keep you up to date on her progress and I know soon she'll be off and running. These are some pictures of our first day.

We're getting ready to head to the beach so hopefully we'll have some pictures of us in Florida. We are all looking forward to the trip and I know we'll have a great time. Laura's already "brown as a turkey" having gone earlier this summer on a girl's trip. Maybe we'll catch up with her on this trip.

P.S. Laura and I went with some friends to see the movie Horrible Bosses and laughed so hard. Definitely an adult movie but there are so many funny lines. We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment