Sunday, September 12, 2010

You Wouldn't Know Cool...




Payne and Laura had a fun conversation this past weekend concerning his need for a haircut.

Laura: You and Daddy are going to get a haircut before your football game.
Payne: But I don't want to get a haircut. I want my hair long.
Laura: Why?
Payne: I want it to go over one of my eyes.
Laura: That would look bad.
Payne: No that would look cool.
Laura: That's not cool.
Payne: You wouldn't know cool if it hit you in the head.

I laughed out loud when Laura told me that story. Payne and Abby have both become fascinated by Justin Bieber(or Justin Beaver as Abby calls him) and his hair. By the way, Payne got his hair cut and it looks much cooler than Justin Beaver.




Payne had his first football game of the season this past weekend. Payne's team won 28-7 and they all did very well. I signed Payne up for a "performanced based football contract" and promised him one dollar for every flag he pulled. This got him very excited and he did a great job, pulling three flags, all for losses. Best three dollars I ever spent and he hopes to make a lot of money this season. I know he will! He also did a good job on the offensive line setting up some good blocks. He is having a blast.



Payne also had some special visitors as Mimi and Pepaw(Buddy and Toya) came to watch. Abby got to cheer on her big brother and got to spend some fun time with Mimi and Pepaw on the sidelines. Then after the victory, we went to celebrate by eating lunch at Strawn's. Payne didn't want to try the chocolate pie until I convinced him to take a bite. After that, he didn't need any more convincing. He tore the rest of that pie up!


No comments:

Post a Comment